Friday, September 15, 2006

Initial Consultation

Welcome to my first post - of sorts.
While I blog regularly elsewhere of my life in general terms, I have felt the need to express my views on things of a more professional nature.
That is to say, that I will not be providing intentional, methodical, relevant education in any purposeful manner, but the occasional random reader might find my thoughts to be mildly amusing. At the very least, an adequate way to waste valuable time.
Through blogging, I have a found a rich fabric of others who share similar views to my own on a variety of topics. What I lack among my real-life contacts, is an acceptable vehicle for which to unload work related issues from my short term memory; hence, this medium shall be my talk therapy. My feedback loop.
Although I am a nurse of 16+ years, and I hold myself to high professional standards with a responsibility to all of my clients/patients/families/peers, et al. - this blog is NOT to be considered reference material, peer-reviewed, or helpful in any way. Many of my posts could be considered offensive to some, humorous to others, or simply extraneous to the masses.
Descriptions of people, places, or events will be modified to protect identities. Any similarities to actual situations are completely coincidental. The information contained herein is for entertainment purposes only, and not a substitute for a proper evaluation. I am full of good advice, use at your own risk. Side effects may include uncontrollable drooling, somnolence, ambivalence, and a burning sensation when you urinate. Use of this product should be limited to a PRN basis; more frequent dosing may lead to idiopathic dementia, which should improve after discontinuation. If bothersome dryness should occur, please consult your physician.

2 Comments:

Blogger howling said...

Whoa. I should ctrl copy + post this as my own disclaimer notice. Welcome to the mad, mad blogosphere.

22 September, 2006 18:23  
Blogger Parlancheq said...

Hmm, two posts up you said you were an RN not a lawyer, but that last paragraph sounded downright lawyerly. :)

02 October, 2006 08:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home