Tuesday, October 10, 2006

m.i.a.

Just a heads up for all those sure to miss me... ::grin::
My 84 year old mother-on-law "fell and broke her hip" at some point today; I am told she is still in the ER awaiting a bed, but she will be visiting the OR in the AM, PDQ.
Anyway, as luck would have it, I'm burning the midnight oil this week, so I should have ample opportunity to visit and meddle and interfere PRN. I'll become one of those family members that make me cringe. Yay, me!
As witty as I am trying to be about it, I know all too well the unfavorable developments something like this tends to carry. Our sizeable, competent, high-dollar and highly-skilled facility is a good place for her care, but there's only so much anyone can do for someone in her age bracket and with her health status.
Add to this my 57 year old friend with SCLC that has metastisized to her right femur and is enduring chemo at this time... well, I'm feeling a little dark and dreary.
I'll be back when I need to unload.
Ciao.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

We'll be here waiting for you.

12 October, 2006 00:07  
Blogger ladybug said...

hey julie,
sending you good thoughts for grandma and friend... be good to yourself first, and come back to us when you need to vent, etc!

ladybug

12 October, 2006 16:14  
Blogger Bo... said...

Sending good vibes to you and yours. Hang in there...

13 October, 2006 20:55  
Blogger dr. whoo? said...

I hope that grandma comes through surgery with flying colors, and I hope you are feeling less dreary soon! Hang in there :)

13 October, 2006 22:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home