Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Press This

Ahhh.... those adorable Press Ganey surveys. Usually we only hear about the things that need fixin', but apparently, I made a lasting impression on someone recently. He said I was incredibly helpful and informative during his mother's stay, and I deserved an A++. Double plus, people... hotdamn!
This, from a week when I felt so insanely customer-UNfriendly it would make you weep. If I had to defuse one.more.situation regarding misplaced clothing or why our free-range patients are allowed to wander into daddy's room instead of being tied down... well... all I can say is the census is full and there is no room for me in the program at the present time. And, yes, Mrs. Smith, you mother is still screaming, and please feel free to call me in another hour "just to check".
So, a little housekeeping. Mother-in-law spent a lovely 2 weeks in our grand hotel's ortho unit, and as of today, was discharged to a LTC centre with a rehabilitation programme that promises to have her up and moving in no time. Sister-in-law has instructed me to "be the bad guy" and keep them on their toes (pun!) so that she doesn't go the way of many before her. Nice. Because there's nothing more than I'd like to do after a string of 12 hour night shifts than to sit around the nursing home pestering the staff. Oh, but I'm so qualified! You're right. My bad.

Up next: a shiny happy post about something I most assuredly will be making up. ::grin::

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your mother-in-law is feeling better.

24 October, 2006 22:06  
Blogger Pennsylvania Independent said...

Isn't that the patients job, to be a pain the staff's ass?
I know I was when I was inpatient and had my surgeries.

25 October, 2006 01:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

Press Ganey.
all i have to say about it is this:

it's a racket.
those patient experience surveys are such bullhockey. sorry i cannot control my spouting-off right now. they were the bane of my existence as a Team Leader in our outpatient phlebotomy. and all the admin acted like they were the almighty word of Jesus Christ himself.

phew.
thanks for reminding me i dont miss outpatient at all.

Press Ganey.
hmph.

25 October, 2006 16:03  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS - my supervisor and i always said "it's a racket" whenever our percentiles were out of whack, and we had all not changed ONE THING about how we worked with the patients and all. we secretly believe that the surveys go out in droves to whomever the admin WANTS to be in the 99th percentile, and the rest of us get the shaft. and when they WANT us to look good, they process the "very good" surveys or send out more, and *viola* we DO look good.

UGH.
who the hell ever heard of making followup phone calls (because it is "the last HUG" for the patient) for just getting your freaking blood drawn or giving a urine specimen. sheesh.

sorry. again. for the rant.
*sigh*

25 October, 2006 16:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home