Sunday, November 05, 2006

The other side of the curtain

The Wizard? No, it was me!
IV Anzemet and a few liters of replenishment, and I'm all better. I still feel as if I've had my ribs kicked in and a raging case of whiplash, but I'm back on my feet and ready for my shift. Only two days of bed rest and a full liquid diet. Go, me.
The whole time (when I wasn't wishing I would expire), I thought "This would make a good blog entry." Now, for the sake of kindness, I won't be ripping on anyone's bedside manner. Only one nurse was a bit of an appendage, but I *did* get a visit from my favorite flight medic, so they cancel each other out. Everyone - from the desk clerk to the physician - were absolutely fabulous. Five stars, people, and I mean that with utmost sincerity.
I think I have time for one more nap before I head to work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss what happened to you?

And yeah, I've had that experience, being in the middle of something and instead of experiencing it, thinking, now how am I gonna write about this?

06 November, 2006 11:26  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

We both need to go to BA. When I was in the ER this weekend with my bum ankle, I was thinking about my blog. Good grief, are we sick or what?

I hope you're feeling better. Take it easy.

MJ

06 November, 2006 13:54  
Blogger Julie, RN said...

Marcia - naw, you didn't miss a thing. Just one of those occupational hazards that creep up on you. I found a virus I haven't tried yet, and just *had* to give it a whirl!
MJ - thanks, and I hope you are healing, as well. We should consult Dr. A about the nearest support group. ;)

07 November, 2006 09:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home