A new year, A new me
To know Nirvana, you must understand these four noble truths:
- Anything that angers me will incur my wrath.
- All suffering is caused by my wrath.
- You can avoid my wrath by not being stupid.
- You can avoid being stupid by following the Four-Fold Path.
- Do not say anything to contradict me. This is called "Right Views."
- Strive, at all times, not to anger me. This is called "Right Intentions."
- Do not say anything you know, or even suspect, will anger me. This is called "Right Speech."
- Keep a chocolate bar and a twinkie for me on your person at all times. This is called "Right Conduct."
You can find the road to Nirvana by contemplating these ancient koans, or riddles:
What is the sound of my fist slamming against your head?
All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. Knowing this, would a wise man poke a snake?
Tabibi once asked Baso, "What is Buddah?" Baso answered, "Damned if I know. Where's my twinkie?"
Right Views. Right Intentions. Right Speech. Right Conduct. If a student has the patience to wait until the mud clears, the student will not get his ass kicked.
Peace be with you.