Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Brrrrrr

It's pretty cold. Right now, my thermometer reads 3 degrees. That is downright balmy compared to Monday. Two days ago I woke to minus 8 degrees (-8), with the wind chill factor making it minus thirty-five (-35)!
So, the boy has had two snow days off school (only a delay this morning), and since I also happened to be off (legitimately, I might add), we have pretty much just lazed around. It has been AWESOME. Thanks to the magic of Netflix and my rather lax nutritional standards, we have been very, very naughty. Looks like I'll be going a few feet farther on the old treadmill.
The best thing about winter is *Hockey*Season*!!!! I dusted the Dorito dust off my chin and headed out to catch an outstanding game last night. The boy's team tromped their opponents, and I was there to see it. Too cool. Since I am primarily 2nd shift, I miss most of his games. I'm so glad I was able to be there for this one. I narrowly escaped acting as the medic, however, because I was about 3 minutes later than she was in arriving (also late). Had to get my coffee, you know. Almost immediately after my arrival, one of the refs went down. The man landed hard on his coccyx after a nasty crash between several players and himself. (Remember, they don't wear pads). He was dragging his right leg afterwards, and though he tried to complete the period without putting any weight on that skate, he decided to remove himself and use a sub. Poor guy.
Here's another chilling story... unauthorized charges on my check card. No, not a fraudulent breech-of-security kind of thing, more like an alleged computer malfunction that took a week to clear up. I made an online purchase of some scrubs from a catalog floating around at work. I have three favorite places that give good service and decent products (read: affordable), and had not used this retailer before. Never again! For some reason, three weeks after our transaction they re-posted the charge to my account - the exact amount as the previous purchase. Seems something happened at the first of the month that caused all previous purchases to be posted again. WTF? As this was my Mad Money account, the balance remains low (really, really low) until I decide to plump it up a bit. Had I not been trolling around for more needless spending, and poised to transfer some funds, I probably would not have even noticed I.Was.Overdrawn. Ack! Several frustrating calls later, I was promised that the charge would be removed "soon" (fact: two more business days [Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday]). My bank said they would "probably" be able to undo the NSF charge once the error was corrected, and all I could do was wait. I'll spare the details, but will report that all is well currently, and I am a little less freaked out. This is exactly the reason I refuse to participate in automatic debit payments. I really don't care too much for the autodeposit of my paycheck, except it does free up some time. And I'm forced to. What's the worse that can happen, they pay me TWICE? heehee
Well, I'm off to my conference. Have a nice day, and stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home